Carpenters Arms, Brynithel 1
The Carpenters Arms, Brynithel.
Open since at least the 1840s, when it was run by John Morton Morris and his wife Ann, the Carpenters Arms can be found in a remote spot above Brynithel, next to St Illtyd’s Church.
The photograph shows the landlord and landlady of the time, Mr. & Mrs. Harry Hunt and Annie Overton. Annie, then aged about 18, later married John Lewis of Brynithel, known locally as “Jack Pentranch”.
Mr. Hunt was killed in a roof fall in Llanhilleth Colliery on 23rd February 1923.
These are the most popular locations used on the site. The more popular the keyword, the bigger the font size.
View all the locations used in this catalogue.