Llanhilleth Miner's Institute: Swimming Pool
Never to be seen again, these photographs show the swimming pool, one of the original facilities when Llanhilleth Miners Institute opened in 1906.
They were taken during the restoration of the building, prior to it’s official reopening by Prince Charles, in 2008.
It was beset with problems with water from the river leaking into the pool and so was covered over to provide the floor of the snooker hall. The wall, down the centre of the pool, supported the floor.
Limited access is still possible through a hatch and the pool featured in an edition of the television programme “Fishlock’s Wales”.
These are the most popular locations used on the site. The more popular the keyword, the bigger the font size.
View all the locations used in this catalogue.